The day has finally come! This morning at about 6:30am, I was sleeping on my right side and the babies woke me up. Our little girl was kicking like crazy. Since I'm used to feeling this, I was trying to ignore it and go back to sleep, when it dawned on me that this was some serious kicking! So I put my hand on my belly, and I was almost sure that I felt her with my hand, not just internally. So I woke Smitty up, and said "I think you might be able to feel the babies this morning." He has been waiting so patiently to be able to feel a kick, that of course he woke right up, got closer, and put his hand on my belly. Within about 1 minute, I felt a big kick at the same time that he said "oh my god...I think I felt something!" He spent the next 10 minutes laying there letting his little girl kick away at Mommy's belly and Daddy's hand. He was so excited.
It was perfect timing, as he has had a very stressful week with work, house projects, and a very busy school schedule this summer. The first good news that occurred a few weeks ago was that he was contacted by Rutgers that he received yet another scholarship due to outstanding academic performance that will pay us back for the entire summer semester. Yippee, more money for diapers!!!
Good news all around for Smitty!!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations Smitty! What a special moment that must have been for you!
Also, fantastic job on the blog Kel - It looks great! I love looking back at your 1st pregnancy picture. Crazy....
AW! I am glad for Smitty! Everything you guys are going through is SO exciting!!
Post a Comment