So...my baby Kayla is getting SO big! Her updated weight from today's RSV shot appt was 12 lbs 2 oz! She is currently wearing a 3 Month size, but I think we'll be changing to 6 month stuff in the next week or so! She takes 6-7 oz at a time now, and gets 4-5 bottles a day. She also loves her new single room...and regularly sleeps 7-9 hours at night. Both babies get their baths between 8-9pm every night (which they LOVE!) followed by their bottles and then bed. Kayla has proven to be a creature of habit, because she starts sucking her hand and fussing for her bottle while we are drying her off from her bath! And forget it-once you put her sleep sack and bib on...you better have that bottle ready to go in her mouth, pronto! She recognizes her bottle now too, and if you hold it in front of her at feeding time, she will start to cry! Someday I will get video of it, but unfortunately whenever I try, she is WAY more interested in looking at Mommy than at the bottle.
Kayla's favorite toy right now is her playmat, just like her brother. As soon as she sees the lights on her "singing star" she gets a big smile on her face! She "talks" to her singing star too...lots of cooing coming from Kayla now. She is also trying so hard to roll over, but hasn't made it yet. I am working on getting that video, but in the meantime, here's Kay on her mat laughing at her star!
Kayla is definitely Mommy's Girl. She gives her best smiles for Mommy, and when I come in or leave the room, her eyes and head will follow me wherever I go. When I talk to her, she will lock her eyes on me while her little legs kick like crazy. Here are some pictures of Kayla laughing at Mommy:
Kayla also can hold her head up like a champ. She still gets a little bobbly at times, but has it pretty much down pat. She also loves her swing, or any movement for that matter. Kayla & TJ are opposites...TJ likes to be "still" and Kayla loves to swing!!!
The most recent (and best) news of all for Kayla came last week when we got the OK to remove her from her Apnea monitor. After 3 long months of wires and beeping, we finally got ourselves a wireless baby!!! We celebrated by running around the house with her, singing the "Freedom" song, but we didn't get TOO crazy, as Kayla didn't want TJ to feel bad that he was still on his monitor. Next download for him is Jan 2nd, so we're crossing our fingers for that. Then we'll really celebrate! Here's Mommy taking Kayla's leads off for the very last time!
That's all for now. I'll post more after the babies have their first Christmas at Grandma's. Wow...Christmas with BOTH Grandmas...I can only imagine all of the stuff that Santa will bring!

3 comments:
I remember when Chase first recognized what his bottle was. Anytime he would see us holding it at feeding time, he'd get the biggest smile and start kicking his legs like crazy.
Sounds like the twins are growing very well. Congrats on getting Kayla's apnea monitor removed. One down, one to go!
Yippeee!! Kayla is such a big girl and no more monitor! It is sooo freeing! She is a good big sister not rubbing it in to Tyler that he still has his! :(
Alexander can't wait to see his friends!!
hi i am lauren's best friend gabby she has told me about your website and it is so cute. kayla and tyler are so cute and god bless them! =]
Post a Comment