Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good Bye Monitor!!!

Great News! Tyler was officially removed from his monitor on January 2nd! It was a happy, happy day for all of us to finally say good-bye to those monitors. We are so glad that they were around to make sure that our babies were healthy and not in any danger here at home, but we were even happier to see them go! As much as we hated them and wanted to throw them out the window sometimes, we are both aware that if those monitors didn't exist, our babies would have needed to be in the hospital for all of this time. So, those monitors allowed us to have an additional 3 months here at home with our babies.
Removing the leads:





We got the call and were so excited. No more bands on my little boy's chest. No more irritation from the electrodes. And no more "phantom beeping" for Mommy (this is what we called it when I would wake up in the middle of the night and swear I heard beeping, but would run to his bedside only to find out the beeping was in my head!).

So...here it is...one last BUH-BYE to the monitors!!!

1 comment:

Alissa Mott said...

yay no more monitors! I couldnt imagine how scary/annoying those things probably were! They are getting so big! I cant wait to meet them!! Jordan and I are planning a NY trip in June:)