Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Twins at Home

Somehow, I am finding time to blog this morning. In between my morning coffee, and my morning nap. TJ doesn't like to sleep much between his 4 am feeding and his 8am feeding, so Mommy doesn't get to sleep much these days. This twin thing is proving to be MUCH tougher than we thought it would be. We were spoiled by having Kayla home alone for a few weeks! Already we look at people with only 1 baby and think "how easy!" Now it's double trouble for us! First, we were spoiled by how much sleep we were getting. We had Kayla on a 4 hour schedule by the 5th day home. She had a midnight bottle, a 4 am bottle, and an 8 am bottle. I went to bed around 10 & Smit did her midnight feeding and put her down for the night. Then I got up at 4am (easily too, since I had been sleeping since 10). Smit would get up for work around 7 or 7:30 (since he had been sleeping since 12:30am), take a shower and give her the 8am bottle while I showered. It was beautiful. Now? We both have to get up for every feeding, and of course it is too soon for them to be on the same schedule. TJ has also been having some pooping problems (as in, he hasn't been able to go on his own since he got home) so that has led him to grunt and cry all night. Only to be comforted by Mommy's arms (and sometimes not even).

And just for all of you who happened to be following along thinking "wow, having twins must be so much fun..." (and yes...some of you have said that to me) I have a little story for you. I was finally sitting down to eat some dinner at about 8pm last night, and as I was shoveling food down my throat in the hopes that the babies would stay quiet at least until I finished, I smelled something gross. Wanna know what it was? It was me. It was my shirt, my bra, my hair, and my skin. Why? Not because I haven't showered, because I do still shower every day. Because my son TJ projectile vomited all over me at about 10am this morning, while in the doctor's office. And as I'm sure every Mom can relate...I never had time to even change my clothes, no less shower again to clean it all off of me. Mmmmm...the smell of formula & breast milk the 2nd time around. But at the end of an exhausting day...how could you ask for anything better than this:



Trust me...it makes it ALL worth it. Even the 8-hour-old formula/breast milk vomit in my hair. :) They are just tooooooo cute!

So, now that I vented...here are some real updates. Tyler had his first doctor's appointment. He was 5 lbs 1 oz, up 8 oz from Saturday! Everything else looked and sounded good, and he goes back for immunizations in 2 weeks with his sister. We still have to be VERY careful of RSV season (RSV is like a bad cold for an adult but can be fatal for infants, and preemies face an increased risk of hospitalization and fatality due to their underdeveloped immune systems and lungs). That means, only visit us if you haven't been around anyone with a cold, and wash your hands really well followed by Purell everytime you touch the babies! And as far as Kayla goes...we have no idea how much she weighs. Although we are guessing about 8 lbs right now. Yes, she is a BIG girl!

So, for those of you who are always looking for some new pictures, here are a few.

This green & pink sleeper was compliments of Auntie. (MY Auntie...Aunt Lynne Arso). I just LOVE this outfit...it looks so cute on her...



Yes, Kayla sleeps a LOT!



just in case you were wondering how big TJ really is!





And remember in the beginning I told you I was blogging in between my morning coffee and morning nap? Well, it is now 9pm that I'm finishing up...and I never did get to that nap...

love to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Kelly, You're SUCH A GREAT BLOGGER, LOL. I love the SNEAKER PICTURE with TJ. Put's things into prospective, that's for sure, lol. As hard as things can seem now with twins, they're only LITTLE FOR A LITTLE WHILE, and This Too Shall Pass, as my mom would say. Try to enjoy every minute of it, PUKE IN THE HAIR, AND ALL, LOL LOL. Love ya-Aunt Paul

Anonymous said...

Kelly,It will get better; they will get on the same schedule. You will get to sleep, eat and shower at more normal times...about 2 weeks before they start school..LOL Just kidding! When I had Laura she would manage to cover me with poop and pee every time she left the nursery, which was often since she would scream the place down. I could not always get a shower right away...training for what would happen at home. Hang in there..it will get better. Love to you all...Maureen

Alissa Mott said...

I love when you post! It just makes my day to read about the babies who we think about so often:) They are so cute..and even though I dont have kids yet, I could just imagine one baby being a handful, let alone too!!.. You seem to be doing such a good job!

Lauren Grace said...

Here I am reading your blog and I burst out into laughter. Harry looks over at me and is like, what the hell are you laughing about and all I could manage to say was 'Kelly'! And he was like, oh those Happy Haywards!!

Having one is not easy, so I know having double trouble (even the good trouble) is hard! I know it will get easier, in time!! At least that is what I keep telling myself!! Hee!! Actually I cannot complain, Alexander is a good boy, only cries when he is hungry, which is pretty much every 3 hours, like clockwork!!

Love to you all!!! And good writing about the RSV. I keep telling people about it, but noone besides us, has ever heard about it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, it is great that you have them both home and I look forward to your adventures with both of them. I cannot say it will get better but I have twin nephews that have grown into great men. Your children will always love you no matter how you look or smell. Take care love Aunt Cathy